Barcelona is blueprint to urban life , modern style and endless energy. And have no doubts that in order to enjoy Barcelona to the fullest you will need blast full of energy. Picking the right neighborhood to stay during your time in Barcelona is a key to a successful trip. Neither would you want your hotel in a busy neighborhood where falling asleep would become a mission , nor will you want it to be so far that reaching to the must sees of Barcelona becomes tiresome task. Hotel Europark was exactly what I needed for my memorable stay . For my recent trip to Barcelona , Hotel Europark was my home for 3 days and for me it was perfect in terms of Location , Style, Amenities and Comfort.
Europark Hotel is located just under 10 minutes walk from Passeig de Gràcia , which means you are literally in Gaudi’s haven. It is within walking distance (10 – 15 mins) to Sagrada Familia, Casa Battlio or Casa Milla. There are three train stations located minutes away from the hotel which means you can hop on to any train to reach the distant parts of the city. If you prefer neighbourhood living rather than commercialized, then this is the place to be. The area around Hotel Europark has very bohemian feel to it and it is surrounded by some amazing restaurants and cafes.
Hotel Europark is a boutique hotel with a very distinctive modern exterior, just like the very famous Brighton Savoy. The front desk is lit by low wall lights making the interiors look very classy and sauve. The hotel front lobby has been very tastefully furnished with minimalistic décor in black and white color theme. What I loved about this hotel was the fact that most of the rooms had large balconies covered by black wooden slatted blinds overlooking the awesomeness of Barcelona.
There are 5 different styles of rooms in hotel suiting your budget : Euro Room , Superior room with terrace, Penthouse , Triple room , Top view with terrace . I stayed in Superior room with terrace and I must say I was pleasantly surprised with the size of room considering anywhere in Europe you generally get small rooms. Running along the main black and white theme, the room was well laid out in terms of design and had all necessities. The bathroom was big with separate vanities for Him and Her. The hotel provides you with a little travel kit with shampoo, shower gel, shaving kit, and other little toiletries. Some of the other amenities included:
- Gym : Yes , if walking in Barcelona is not an enough exercise for you , the hotel has gym so you can sweat out there.
- Rooftop Pool : The rooftop pool has amazing views and is perfect for mid day lounging. Since I was out in city most of the time , I enjoyed my pool time at night.
- Mini Bar : All rooms are equipped with mini bar.
- 24 hour room service available.
- Breakfast : One of the best continental breakfasts I ever had in my life. They had great variety of fruits , pastries , juices and coffee was amazing. Everything was super fresh and I had all hearts for the special section of Spanish delicacies. I can go back to this hotel anytime just for the breakfast J .
- Business Facilities : The hotel has a meeting room with a capacity of 40 people. There is a computer and printer available in the lobby area with internet, which is free of charge.
- Wi-Fi : Wi fi is available throughout the hotel and is free of charge.
- Library: Right next to the hotel front desk is a small sitting area with a great collection of art and photography books.
- Laundary Services.
- The hotel is wheelchair accessible.
The staff of Hotel Europark is very helpful. If you have not planned your visit to Barcelona , go to the front desk and they will plan it for you J . They will give you every little detail from how to reach , when to go , timings , where to buy tickets etc. The hotel offers luggage storage as well , which comes very handy when you have a early checkout but a late flight J . If you need cab to reach to the airport , they will call t for you. From wake up calls to late night room service , Hotel Europark leaves no stone unturned to make your stay memorable.
Overall , my stay was really nice and I was very happy that I was collaborating with such a good brand that hold service to people as their motto. If I am back in Barcelona , I will definetly stay with Hotel Europark again J . Have you stayed in this neighborhood? How was your experience? Thank you for stopping by.
PhotoCredits : PHOTOSTAINS
Note : My stay at the EUROPARK was a collaboration, all opinions are my own.